Here are our favourite links from the past week (and beyond) of email marketing and digital. Read and share and let us know what you think!
1. Analysis: Best v. Worst Email Subject Lines Print in the Mix
2. Rumor: Apple’s Next iPhone to Arrive Sept. 10 PCMag
3. Email-led Startups Kate Kendall
4. Google filing says emails sent to Gmail have no expectation of privacy SlashGear
5. Gmail Opens Drop 18%: Are Tabs to Blame? Justine Jordan, Litmus
6. Sprout Social Case Study: Welcome Email Makes A Good First Impression Litmus
7. 21 Email Metrics You Should Start Measuring Today ClickZ
8. Email Marketing For Mobile App Creators SmashingMag
Also, don’t forget to register and join us at the Email Design Conference where Elliot will be speaking. Early bird tickets are on sale now.
Mobile sites that offer services would be smart to host a click-to-call link on their homepage for users to easily get in contact and make an enquiry – especially if that is their primary communication channel for customers (Gladstone Brookes example below). The reason for this is it’s simple, easy, convenient and ‘no fuss’ for the user.
Here are our favourite links of the week, including mobile, email, design and social. Take a look and share with your followers. See you next week!
1. Our Favorite Responsive And Mobile Email Resources Litmus
2. The Funnel is Dead, Long Live the Loop? Digiday
3. Will Gmail’s New Tabs Feature Impact Your Email Marketing Campaign? Marketing Zen
4. Email sign up forms: a look at how 16 fashion retailers collect customer data Econsultancy
5. LinkedIn Launches Sponsored Updates for Businesses Entrepreneur
6. iOS 7 Beta Testers Behaving Badly GottaBeMobile
7. 4 tools for automatic CSS testing .NetMag
8. 15 free ebooks for web designers CreativeBloq
It’s not too uncommon to become frustrated by an unresponsive CTA or an ‘unavailable’ web page on your mobile device. It is nevertheless surprising the amount of small (and large) companies that do not see this as a pressing issue, in terms of conversions and sales.
Consumers are hoping to access information about your company/brand and if they cannot find what they’re looking for, they’re likely to go elsewhere as evidenced within the research findings previously posted. In the same study, various digital professionals were interviewed in order to loosely gauge the perceptions of companies and if they consider user experience important, including responsive web pages and emails. The difference between attitudes of digital experts/consultants and marketing managers is significant; managers usually not considering quality as important as the experts (see below).
Here are this weeks top links from the Action Rocket team! Email, mobile and social have been dominating our tweet feeds all week so take a look and let us know any thoughts in the comment section.
See you next time.
1. Mobile email design; Responsive, Skinny and Scalable explained Zettasphere
2. Great expectations: is user experience your biggest responsibility? Econsultancy
3. Email Outperforms Facebook & Twitter In Online Sales SimplyZesty Similar to…
4. Email Is Crushing Twitter, Facebook for Selling Stuff Online Wired
5. Data Monday: Mobile Email LukeW
6. iOS email apps: highlights and data StyleCampaign
7. Single vs double opt-in for email marketing SmartInsights
8. 152 killer keywords for email subject lines (and 137 crappy ones) Econsultancy