Top Designs for February
Love is all around us, in the air tonight and was most definitely in abundance throughout February…. With the love filled month long gone, we thought we’d share what emails hit the heart strings and which fell flat.
Not into hearts and flowers? Keep an eye lower down for more canine fun 🐶 ♥️
SL: Let’s Get Quizzical + £5 Off Ends Tonight
- Theme – Paperchase’s emails are always colourful, impactful and fun and their Valentines quiz is no different. I love how they used their products to spin into a cute quiz to help find the perfect gift. Fun style that works really well.
- Animation – To help convey the amount of products/information and flow a user down the page Paperchase use animation really well. To make this even more awesome they could have reduced the amount of images vs text and introduced CSS to help make this much more slick and interactive.
2. Latest in Beauty
SL: Let’s play cupid…💘
- Animation – you definitely know they are promoting Valentines day in this eye catching email. The animations stand out and promotes the discount really well. I also love how lower down in the email they replicate the animation theme throughout visually without overwhelming, nice touch.
3. Not on the high street
SL: We just wanted to wish you…
- Approach – NOTH emails are always visually compelling and I love how they spin the message on Valentines Day turning this into a celebration sending their customers love without focusing primarily or just on the sales message.
- Mobile design – The way this has been designed leans well towards a mobile view in addition tactics like a hamburger menu and adding in a search field within this purely for the mobile audience improves user flow.
SL: Valentine’s Edit 💖
- Design – Azurina’s emails are always fun and design aligns towards a social media style with cute animations, styling and use of font. They convey the valentine message without overloading and whilst it’s very image heavy the photography style works really well.
- Social Media Connection – the visual flow between their instagram account and email programme is slick with a similar use of photography style that conveys a connection without over reuse of the same pictures across both platforms. Nice good use of # to tie both together.
SL: 🐶 Happy Walk the Dog Day!
- Approach – Fed up of ♥️ &💐? I love Bookabee’s genuine, conversational approach to email and their spin on a more obscure national day is refreshing amongst the inbox overload around Valentines Day. Visuals are on brand, fun and they always convey key product information including age range and summary to help parents without needing to click through. To improve this it would have been great to have more directional CTA’s throughout so you wouldn’t need to rely on images or the button lower down.