It’s not too uncommon to become frustrated by an unresponsive CTA or an ‘unavailable’ web page on your mobile device. It is nevertheless surprising the amount of small (and large) companies that do not see this as a pressing issue, in terms of conversions and sales.
Consumers are hoping to access information about your company/brand and if they cannot find what they’re looking for, they’re likely to go elsewhere as evidenced within the research findings previously posted. In the same study, various digital professionals were interviewed in order to loosely gauge the perceptions of companies and if they consider user experience important, including responsive web pages and emails. The difference between attitudes of digital experts/consultants and marketing managers is significant; managers usually not considering quality as important as the experts (see below).
Having recently completed my degree in Digital Marketing Communications at Manchester Met University, I have this useful piece of research laying around. Instead of having it sit there, benefitting no one, I thought I would repurpose some of the insights as blog posts to share with you lovely people. This is part one…
Entitled ‘Mobile responsive design – retaining customers with delightful content, anywhere’, the research looked into the effects that web and email render quality has on user behaviour and the implications for brands. As well as interviewing 4 industry professionals, the study also questioned two focus groups of students. The aim here was to identify themes in how users interact with different levels of (website and email) quality from a mobile device.
Our links cover email, design and user experience this week. Enjoy our industry wrap-up and let us know if you think there’s something we missed!
1. Fantastic UX Decisions: Making a Good User Experience InsertHTML
2. 25 powerful triggers for laser guided marketing campaigns Econsultancy
3. Why I don’t love special characters: Part 1 by Luke Glasner eDataSource
4. Christopher S. Penn on Why Email Marketing is Here to stay SalesForce
5. Designing effective email subject lines for action not open Zettasphere
6. Instagram update with 15 second video support now available on iOS and Android TNW
7. Web Designing For Mobile Devices: 12 Ruling Trends Of Present And Near Future GDJ
8. 10 Most Pointless Websites On The Internet… Like Really… TrendBlog