Here are my chosen email designs from August…
SL: Trending Now: Triple Black and White
- Sleek gif. Nike emails are always effortlessly cool and this scrolling style gif is another simple and clever effect of showcasing their products. It works perfectly with the monochrome theme of this email too.
2. Mr Hyde
SL: Firstname, clamp your paws around this monster
- Layout. This is a great example of how to break up a newsletter with a lot of heavy content. The way it’s sectioned using bold headers, divider lines and graphics makes this email so much less overwhelming. The mobile version has also been adapted for easy reading.
- Editorial feel. This looks like it should be a slick magazine piece.
3. La Roche-Posay
SL: Last Chance: 20% Off All Suncare
- Recognisable brand identity. Straight away you can relate this email to the brand just by the colours used. It’s a simple design but it’s clear and concise which works well for the mobile version.
4. Sole Trader
SL: Boost your sport luxe style with Y–3
- Continuity. This hero image blends into the solid background colour behind the intro text, making you naturally want to scroll down the email to the rest of the content.
5. Kate Spade
SL: This new bag can handle a lottie
- Spectacular goat gif. Because let’s face it, who doesn’t love a good old goat gif. Also, just imagine how fun shooting this was!
- Subject line. Here at Action Rocket as well as a goat gif, we are also quite fond of a subject line with a pun. So double points here.
All emails can be found on my Pinterest board.