Elliot and I went to #TheBestMarketingEventEver last week and we came away with a fair few tips from Gary Vaynerchuck and co. One of them being, ‘no matter how much you dislike the thought of using Snapchat as a business, you should probably be getting used to it’. We came back to the studio and got the team involved…
Here are our favourite links from the past week (and beyond) of email marketing and digital. Read and share and let us know what you think!
1. Analysis: Best v. Worst Email Subject Lines Print in the Mix
2. Rumor: Apple’s Next iPhone to Arrive Sept. 10 PCMag
3. Email-led Startups Kate Kendall
4. Google filing says emails sent to Gmail have no expectation of privacy SlashGear
5. Gmail Opens Drop 18%: Are Tabs to Blame? Justine Jordan, Litmus
6. Sprout Social Case Study: Welcome Email Makes A Good First Impression Litmus
7. 21 Email Metrics You Should Start Measuring Today ClickZ
8. Email Marketing For Mobile App Creators SmashingMag
Also, don’t forget to register and join us at the Email Design Conference where Elliot will be speaking. Early bird tickets are on sale now.
It’s not too uncommon to become frustrated by an unresponsive CTA or an ‘unavailable’ web page on your mobile device. It is nevertheless surprising the amount of small (and large) companies that do not see this as a pressing issue, in terms of conversions and sales.
Consumers are hoping to access information about your company/brand and if they cannot find what they’re looking for, they’re likely to go elsewhere as evidenced within the research findings previously posted. In the same study, various digital professionals were interviewed in order to loosely gauge the perceptions of companies and if they consider user experience important, including responsive web pages and emails. The difference between attitudes of digital experts/consultants and marketing managers is significant; managers usually not considering quality as important as the experts (see below).