Our friends at Litmus have released this great infographic detailing some of the best practices and considerations for designing mobile emails. Mobile email client use is rising sharply, but email marketers are still playing catchup in terms of optimising their campaigns for these users – there’s plenty of tips here to get you started.
Find out more on the Litmus Blog.
The guys at Volt workforce solutions have produced this intriguing infographic, looking at the types of email client different US professionals use when applying for a new job.
As with the email viewing habits infographic we posted yesterday, it’s worth remembering that these results may not match those of your specific email list – the sample here is people using email to apply for a new job – but there’s some interesting takeouts:
- The big three webmail clients own almost 3/4 market share (remember that these can all be viewed on a mobile, so that’s not necessarily 3/4 of the market using a browser)
- IT, Technical and Creative workers are more likely to have Gmail than Yahoo Mail, but conversely more than half of light industrial users prefer Yahoo.
- Accounting and finance professionals are 60% more likely to use Aol than other users.
- People who are educated at an university level are more likely to use Gmail than Yahoo, however a large amount of those educated to high school level use Yahoo Mail.
Email analytics service Litmus has just released a great infographic looking at email client, browser and device use over the past year. Key takeouts from the research include:
- There’s a sharp rise in users opening emails on mobile devices, particularly over the last 6 months
- Webmail has seen a drop in % share
- Outlook still sees the most email opens at 37%, followed by Hotmail (11%), Yahoo Mail (10%), iPhone (10%)
- Of Outlook’s total share, 84% still use 2000/03, rather than 07/10, which have well documented rendering issues.
- 80% of mobile opens are on an iPhone, vs 19% on Android and 1% on Blackberry.
View the full infographic on the Litmus blog.
e-Dialog recently produced an overview infographic from an email trends report commissioned earlier in 2011. There’s some useful insight into the fast moving world of mobile email usage here – and some tips on areas where we can improve campaigns to be more relevant to an increasingly mobile audience.
Find out more from the report here – Strong Signals: Mobile Email Marketing Is Connecting With Consumers
s/o to Brittany on the design!